- Has anyone made a car with a moustache? - Jeremy Clarkson
Geoff is an electric car made by the Top Gear Team, and the precursor to the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust. It was powered by two batteries from a milk float.
The Eagle i-Thrust features in Series 14, Episode 2 in the main challenge. May did not like how electric cars have "pious names like the Intelligencia". He and Hammond compared it to the Ford Mustang, and Dodge Viper, and ultimately decided on Vixen, but Clarkson christened it as "Geoff".
- The Eagle i-Thrust had two simple batteries from a milk truck, made by James...
- ...a horrid, shiny exterior that can blind someone (featuring the windscreen from a Land Rover),and 3 espace seating complete with Roof Box made by Jeremy...
- ...and a chassis "made" by Richard. Richard actually took the chassis from a TVR, in order to save time and money by getting through the EU's red tape.
The car travelled to Oxford, only to cause traffic jams. It was so slow that at one point it was overtaken by running children. It also drove along the A34 at 10 mph. Later, when running out of batteries in the country side (the second time that day), it was pushed too close to a hill, and crashed into a tree. After being pronounced dead, Geoff was taken back to the Technology Centre and revamped into the Eagle i-Thrust.
- Top Speed: 10mph (approx.)
- Price: £6,000
- Nought-to-Sixty Acceleration: N/P
- Power: Two 96 Volt batteries