The Lamborghini Gallardo is a sports car built by Lamborghini. The Gallardo is Lamborghini's most-produced model to date, with over 10,000 built in its first seven years of production. The car is named after a famous breed of fighting bull.
The Gallardo was Lambo's first baby supercar featuring a 5.0L V10 and AWD, alongside the choice of paddle or Manual Gearbox competing against the likes of the Ferrari 360 and later F430. In 2008, the Gallardo featured a facelift, with the engine being upraded to 5.2L, with improved styling, (many of whom stated it to be the best looking supercar of all time), and higher top speed.
The LP560-4 Gallardo was one of the few cars to be loved by all three Top Gear presenters. It's also a car to purchased by two presenters with Jeremy purchasing a Gallardo Spyder in 2006 and Richard purchasing a Gallardo Spyder LP560-4 Spyder in 2009.
- The Gallardo made its first appearance being reviewed by Jeremy at the Top Gear Test Track, in Series 3, Episode 4, as part of Top Gear’s Lamborghini Tribute. While Jeremy praised the car’s handling, speed and being significantly better than most of its rivals, he felt it lacked the drama or occasion of a true supercar. Despite this, the Stig set the fastest wet time at the time of 1:25.8 around the Top Gear Test Track.
- In Clarkson: Shoot-Out, Jeremy revisited the Gallardo, arriving at the same conclusion. Better than all it’s rivals but lacks emotion.
- In Series 8, Episode 4, Jeremy fell in love with the Gallardo Spyder, praising the cars drama, excitement and sheer improvement over the Coupe, naming it as his ultimate supercar. The Stig set a lap of 1:25.7 around the Top Gear Test Track.
- In Series 10, Episode 1, Jeremy chose the Gallardo Superleggera as his lightweight supercar in search of the best driving road against Richard in the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and James in the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24. Although he adored the Superleggera, Jeremy felt there was no significant improvement over the regular Gallardo.
- In Clarkson: Supercar Showdown, Jeremy compares his Gallardo Spyder against the Ferrari F430 Spider, with the Stig setting laps around Ascari in both. Surprising the Gallardo proves to be significantly faster than the F430, with Jeremy ultimately concluding it.
- In Series 12, Episode 1, Clarkson pits the Gallardo LP560-4 against the Porsche 911 GT2, ultimately preferring the prettier, faster, easier to drive Lambo, which Richard disagrees with. Despite this the Stig takes the Gallardo round the Top Gear Test Track in 1:19.5 but matches this time with the GT2, (Jeremy burned the time before this was revealed.
- In Clarkson: Thriller, Jeremy compares the Gallardo Superleggera against the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, with the Stig setting laps in both. This time the Scuderia proved to be faster with Jeremy ultimately preferring it, though stated the result would’ve been different had the LP560-4 been used.
- In Top Gear Australia, S01E08, Pizzati chooses Gallardo Superleggera for the ultimate drive-in Tasmania against Cox in the Porsche 911 Turbo and Brown in the Aston Martin DB9.
- In Clarkson: Duel, Jeremy once again fell in love with the Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, praising it’s excitement and rawness but also significant improvement over a Ferrari F430, noting it as the Perfect Supercar. He raced a Ford Focus RS against the Stig in the Gallardo but ultimately failed to keep up round Ascari and lost in a race to Puerto Banus.
- In Top Gear: Uncovered, Richard introduces his passion for cars segment Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni while explaining about the passion for cars. He loved it’s rawness and now drivability due to it’s RWD bias.
- In Series 14, Episode 1, James chose the Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder against Richard in the Ferrari California and Jeremy in the Aston Martin DBS Volante, while searching for the Tranfagarrissen Highway. Despite his two colleagues pointing out, that a mid-engined supercar was inappropriate on a GT trip, James fell in love with the Gallardo.
- In Series 14, Episode 3, Richard used the Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni whilst following James in his Caravan Airship. He fell in love with Balbonis back to basics handling, sharp steering and stripe. All three presenters state the Balboni to be their choice of supercar.
- In Series 14, Episode 7, the Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni is announced as Top Gear’s Car of the Year 2009, due to it’s love factor and stripe.
- In Top Gear Australia S03E03, Pizzati reviews the Gallardo LP550-2 stating it to be the ultimate entry level car. It sets a 1:24.00 around the track.
- In Top Gear USA “Cobra Attack” Ferrara and Foust name Gallardos as the best modern Lamborghinis, with Ferrara choosing the LP570-4 Superlegerra and Foust using the LP550-2 Balboni against Wood in the Murciélago LP670-4 SV. The Balboni achieves 173mph and a time of 1:26.9 around the track, losing to SV, but the Superlegerra beats both achieving 180mph and lapping the track in 1:22.8.
- In Clarkson: The Italian Job, Jeremy tests the Gallardo LP570-4 Superlegerra around Imola. While he praises the car’s drama and speed, he criticises it’s old fashionedness, lack of race-ability, feels it isn’t as good as a Ferrari 458 Italia and that it’s no better than a regular Gallardo. It later takes place in a race against Jeremy in a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, which it wins.
- In Series 16, Episode 1, the Gallardo LP570-4 Superlegerra takes place in a drag race from 0-100-0 against an James in an Ariel Atom V8 and a Lexus LFA. It beats the LFA but is destroyed by the Atom.
- In Top Gear: At The Movies, the Gallardo LP570-4 Performante takes part in best engine noise competition, and the only car in the category for V10s. Both Richard and James praise its handling and bellowing soundtrack. The Performante is ultimately named as the best sounding villain car.
- In Clarkson: Powered Up, Jeremy falls in love with the Gallardo LP570-4 Performante, praising it for being the ultimate supercar. Even though its beaten by a McLaren MP4-12C and a Nissan GT-R, Jeremy states it was his third favouritest in the programme.
- In Top Gear USA “Worst Cars” the Gallardo LP570-4 Superlegerra takes part in a Drag Race against the Noble M600, driven by Foust and the Audi R8 V10. It beats the Audi but looses to the Noble.
- In Top Gear USA “Coast to Coast” Wood uses the Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale against Foust in the McLaren 12C Spider and Ferrara in the SRT Viper, travelling from New York to Los Angeles.
- In Series 28, Episode 4, McGuinness championed a used Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder against Flintoff in a Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 and Harris in a Renault Megane RS Trophy R. It manages to beat both cars in a drag race but looses to both in a Handling Test and a Social Media challenge.