The McLaren MP4-12C is a supercar built and designed by McLaren automotive, which originally launched in 2011. It is the first car McLaren has wholly made since the McLaren F1 from 1998. The MP4-12C was actually developed and tested at Top Gear's Dunsfold test track.
- Jeremy initially road-tested the MP4-12C on TGM 215 (UK).
- In Series 17, Episode 3 Jeremy reviewed the MP4-12C against its main rival, the Ferrari 458 Italia at the Top Gear Test Track. Despite the McLaren being faster, more capable and more comfortable than it's Italian rival, Jeremy ultimately favoured the Ferrari for having more sparkle. Despite this the 12C went around the Track in 1:16.2, making the second fastest car at the time, only being beaten by the Ariel Atom V8.
- The MP4-12C was also featured in Clarkson: Powered Up where it was was proven to be faster than any other car featuring in a drag race against the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and the Volkswagen Jetta, and in a straight line proves to be faster than a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Performante. Despite this Jeremy arrived at the same conclusion, technically brilliant but lacks emotion.
- In Series 18, Episode 1, James chose the 12C as his mid-engined alternative to the Ferrari 458, competing against Jeremy in the Lamborghini Aventador and the Noble M600 driven by Richard. Despite its technical brilliance, James still preferred the Ferrari.
- In TGM 2012 Awards, James stated the McLaren 12C Spider to be his Car of the Year, due to it being more dramatic but just as nice to drive as it's coupe alternative.
- In Top Gear USA "Best Taxi Challenge", Foust is rewarded with driving the MP4-12C against Nascar Driver Carl Edwards with his 920bhp Ford Fusion.
- In Series 20, Episode 3, Jeremy chose the 12C Spider as his "Budget" Supercar Convertible against Richard in the Ferrari 458 Spider and James in the Audi R8 V10 Spyder in which the boys journey across Southern Spain. Despite being more thoroughly impressed with the Convertible and even stating it was the best car on the trip, Jeremy along with his colleagues still preferred the Ferrari.